Bill's Travel Blog

"The lightning pulls the thunder. The distance pulls the wonder that calls us farther on" ... David Wilcox

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

10/04/2006

12 Hours in Amsterdam


... is enough to sample the flavor of the legendary city, but a small sample it will be. There are canals, carriage rides, cathedrals, beautiful architecture, tons of museums, outdoor cafes, day markets, great food from many different cultures, street performers, bicycles, and water taxis -- just to name a few of the attractions.

The highlight for me was touring the Anne Frank House. I've always considered her an exceptional writer, with an insight far beyond the few years she graced this earth. Now that I've visited the places she wrote about, I'm even more impressed. It was as though I'd already been there. The line waiting to get in on a weekday was down the street, around the corner and halfway up the other street. It's clear that people still remember. May they always.

Anyway, instead of writing a few thousand words, here are some street shots of my day trip ... until next time!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures.

7/15/2010 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home